Paramo Mens Torres Alturo Jacket Black
The Torres Alturo Jacket is ideal for high mountain activities which involve sustained low temperatures.
During alpine and winter activities in prolonged cold temperatures, you need fast insulation which is lightweight, packable and offers maximum warmth even when wet. Your outerwear should not interfere with a climbing harness or helmet.
The Torres Alturo is sized to go over a Páramo waterproof to warm you quickly without having to remove layers. It delivers excellent warmth-for-weight and packs into its own internal pocket. The hood is sized to fit over a helmet and the handwarming pockets are accessible while wearing a harness.
The Torres Alturo Jacket has a helmet-friendly hood, harness-friendly hand-warming pockets and a stuff pocket.
- Full head protection from a helmet-friendly, insulated, fully adjustable fixed hood with a wired peak.
- Hand-warming and storage from insulated, harness-friendly pockets.
- Easily packable within internal OS map-sized storage pocket which doubles as a stuff pocket with hanging loop for when jacket is not in use.
Nikwax Analogy® Insulator’s synthetic fill provides very effective warming even in wet conditions.
The Insulator combines Nikwax® Windproof closely woven microfibre outer with a synthetic, water-resistant fill to cut windchill and provide excellent insulation for overlayering with other Nikwax fabrics. It retains body heat very effectively to warm the body quickly and deflects the rain while providing excellent moisture vapour transfer. It packs down small, giving a high warmth to weight ratio. The fill gives a down-like feel and performance with the benefit of still working well when wet. It can be compressed in a pack without damage and washed in a home washing machine.
Choose a Torres Alturo Jacket for fast insulation with high mountain functionality.
The Men’s Torres Alturo Jacket provides fast block insulation and water repellency in extreme or prolonged cold and wet, packing in to its own internal pocket for easy transport. The moisture-repellent synthetic fill delivers a high warmth-for-weight ratio, the down-like feel and performance insulates you even when wet. It is sized to go over a Páramo jacket, to warm you quickly without removing layers. Helmet- and harness-friendly features ensure full functionality for high mountain activities.
So expect a packable, mountain-specific, insulating overlayer that will provide extra warmth and water repellency when you need it.
How will my Páramo Analogy Insulator outperform other insulation?
Páramo’s Torres Insulation is very practical. Unlike down fill, the synthetic insulator fill works just as well in the wet, can be compressed in a pack and washed in a washing machine. The excellent water-repellency can be renewed with Nikwax aftercare. The down-like feel and performance provides an excellent warmth to weight ratio which packs down small but retains body heat very effectively for fast warmth whenever needed – without concern about getting it wet.
- Nikwax Analogy® Insulator fabric with 133g water-repellent synthetic fill and Nikwax DWR treatment on outer and inner fabric for overlaying with a Páramo waterproof.
- Helmet-friendly, 60g insulated and fully adjustable fixed hood with wired peak and single-hand pull adjusters.
- Harness-friendly handwarming pockets with 60g insulation, zipped for security.
- Internal OS map-sized storage pocket. Doubles as a stuff pocket with hanging loop for when jacket is not in use.
- Full front opening with two-way zip, internal storm flap and chin guard.
- Hook and loop cuff closure for precise adjustment.
- Scooped tail for additional protection.
- Adjustable hem to retain body heat.